Monday, January 11, 2010

Handmade Christmas!

We were so excited this year to get so many great handmade presents for Christmas this year. My mom and dad got Amund this little couch. The cushion comes off and there is a toy box on the inside. Super handy for keeping the living room look toy-free during adult time! :) An Amish gentleman who lives around here makes them.

My mom made Amund this really nice and warm sweater and little booties! The booties match his Christmas stocking she made him.
Jonathan's Grandma made Islwyn a quilt that folds up into a pillow. She put his initials on the pillow--I need to sew the pillow on still..... She also made Amund his "ba ba bear" That's what Amund calls it. Amund's is the plaid one. Islwyn needed to have his bear in the picture too. She Islwyn's bear she made him 2 Christmases ago. These bears are a favorite toy around here.
I made Amund the three little pigs and the big bad wolf out of yarn scraps I had around the house. Islwyn really likes playing with it it. Behind the little houses is the bag I sewed up to keep the three little pigs in. I also sewed Amund a little felt ball for his St. Nicholas day present. Islwyn got a candy necklace and bracelet from St. Nicholas. :)

THanks to everyone who put so much time into making these amazing presents. We will treasure them always!

1 comment:

TheMuscatoHansens said...

YAY for handmade! So wonderful! I remember Islwyn's bear and didn't know it was by his g.g. So great, I have a pattern for a bunny I want to try for the kiddos someday...