Saturday, October 11, 2008

Doing crafts


Islwyn and I signed up for a program at the Maine Audubon Society for the Fall.  We go and hear stories about something in nature, do a craft, and then get a guided walk through the woods.  We went to the first one on Thursday and Islwyn loved it.  Below is the picture Islwyn did.  I helped him cut out the leaves and then he glued them on.  Then he did a lot of coloring around the leaves.  He was actually writing letters--he kept saying, "E, R, E, M."  He said that as he drew.  Then every time he looks at the picture he "reads" it by saying, "E, R, E, M."  Interesting.  

2 comments:

TheMuscatoHansens said...

Such great photos Sarah! Islwyn is so cute with that big smile! AnaSofia and I had thought of signing up for Audubon at the end of October - too bad I didn't know you guys were going! Tell me what you think because I am still deciding (due to cost!). Hope to see you guys this week - the leaf pile is waiting and it is only getting COLDER!

Minka said...

I just love fall and the leaves! How fun to be doing this together! Islwyn is so cute!! I wonder what his letters mean to him?? Love Minka