Thursday, August 26, 2010

More Kansas

We had a really great time visiting with Jonathan's relatives in Kansas this summer. Everyone very generously put up with us and our 2 sleep deprived kids as well!

Here is Amund with Great-Grandma.

Pa singing Amund "The Farmer in the Dell."
Islwyn after his birthday cake.
Blowing out the candles.


Grandma very generously sharing her little boy patterns with me. I now have a new Autumn outfit all cut out for Amund and Islwyn from patterns she lent me.
Bucyrus, Kansas. We were able to spend some time with Jonathan's Aunt Regina and Uncle Darrel. Also with their son Logan (Jonathan's cousin) and his wife and three boys. They have a family owned and operated pumpkin farm that we went out to visit. We even got to pick the three pumpkins that were fully grown and bring them home with us. We are the first people in town with pumpkins on the front porch.
Jonathan with his cousin Logan -- looking at the pumpkin patch.

Islwyn and "Allergy" (as he calls Aunt Regina)





Logan also grows chrysanthemums, and let me take one home with me. Islwyn is helping pick it out.
I like how my son is clutching a basketball and a beer cozy.....hmmmm.
We also got to meet up with one of my college friends and her two kids for a fun day at a local park/farm. It was so great to see them and meet the kids. We hadn't seen each other since college so it was a bit surreal to me. I felt like I was back 10 years ago in college when we were talking and then I would look over at my two kids.....Amund and Leo ...both of them super tired out and past nap time I think.
Islwyn and Sophia feeding the goats.
Of course had to show one with Islwyn and his giant popsicle!


No comments: